Monday 26 October 2015

Hearts and Bones - the rebirth of the Mexican novella

As part of my degree in Latin American studies I wrote a thesis on how expat authors writing about Mexico respond to the previous generation of expat authors’ books as much as they do to the country and the people themselves; the whole process perpetuating a lot of myths.
I wrote to Allen Ginsberg who confirmed that he and Jack Kerouac and Burroughs had all read Under the Volcano before they headed to Mexico, and I also wrote to David Markson, another American author (and only man – I discovered – to have known both Kerouac and Lowry) who sent me a signed copy of his Mexican opus, Going Down.
Twenty years later, Tezcatlipoca’s Dream, is my contribution to the genre. You can read excerpts here and on the website www.blackcrakebooks.com
If you like what you see, please go to Kindle Scout and vote for it so that we stand a chance of receiving a publishing contract with Amazon, here’s the link 
If we don’t win, TD will be launched online (Kindle) and later as a POD paperback before Christmas.
Muchisimas gracias

Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment